[CentOS-mirror] Rsync Issues

Belanger, Brad bbelanger at Cogentco.com
Wed Oct 21 18:56:45 UTC 2009

Same issue for mirror.cogentco.com.  We sync with DVD's from msync-dvd
and have had the 5.4 content come and go multiple times in the last few

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org
[mailto:centos-mirror-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of David Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:19 PM
To: Mailing list for CentOS mirrors.
Subject: Re: [CentOS-mirror] Rsync Issues

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM, David Richardson
> <david.richardson at utah.edu> wrote:
>> My mirror deleted 5.4 again and is re-pulling it.
>> This time, I don't have logs to tell which master deleted it. It's
one of
>> the msync-dvd boxes. I'm pulling it back down from centosz3 (so it's
>> that one).
> I cannot find one msync-dvd machine which doesn't have 5.4 in *both*
> locations (once without dvds, once with dvds). I checked all of them
> and sizes 24G and 32G respectively.

centosf3 just tried to delete 5.4 again (thank heaven for --dry-run!).

My rsync command, if it helps:
/usr/bin/rsync --dry-run --progress -aHv --delete --delete-excluded
--delete-after --delay-updates

David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>
"There are two kinds of statistics:
the kind you look up and the kind you make up."
-- Archie Goodwin, Death of a Doxy
CentOS-mirror mailing list
CentOS-mirror at centos.org