[CentOS-mirror] rsyncing dvd repository

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:49:54 UTC 2009

Am 02.10.09 04:46, schrieb Carlisle G Childress Jr:
> I had been successfully rsyncing mirror.vcu.edu with
> msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd but a few days ago that stopped and
> I see references to be included to on acl for that server.
>
> I would like to do that, or I'll accept a recommended alternative.

Okay, now I see ...

You being able to sync from there was a configuration error anyway,
rsync does some funky things if you have have "hosts allow" and "hosts
deny" sections in the same config file.

We are adding some machines to the dvd mirrors at the moment and have to
review internally how far to open that up. Can you please sync from
kernel.org during the meantime as was offered to you?

Thanks,

Ralph