[CentOS-mirror] Master mirror with DVD?

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:12:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Marten Lehmann <lehmann at cnm.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>> But when I rsync from msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS I still don't get DVD
>>> images. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Your IP isn't listed as allowed. See my last mail.
>
> what do I need to do to be allowed? I have set up our mirror for FTP
> only at this time but not yet published, because I'm still about to get
> details on how to configure bandwidth throttling / rate limiting.

See my mail. At the moment you cannot do anything to get allowed,
please pull from a tier one mirror (you have been offered two in this
thread).

And even if we are adding more msync servers, tier one mirrors without
isos at the moment will be the first to get access if they want to.
Not having a published mirror or having a mirror with rate limiting /
bandwidth throttling probably won't get you on the access list soon.
But as said. There are other mirrors offering DVD isos and having
rsync, so you can pull those files from there.

Ralph