[CentOS-mirror] New mirror

J.H.

warthog9 at kernel.org
Fri Oct 23 19:38:41 UTC 2009

Speaking as someone who has machines in a round-robin (for a number of
reasons) If the boxes are in the same place (same colo, etc) I would
suggest daisy chain syncing.

msync -> box 1 -> box 2

it will mean that box2 will always lag, slightly, behind box 1 but it
means less load on the upstream and I would doubt if your users are
going to notice much.

If you have disjoint machines (like I do), than having each one sync
independently is the only real answer, though I can't imagine there are
many mirrors who fall into my category of crazy infrastructure.

What is the reason your doing round robin between the two?  Have you
considered a shared storage solution if they are in the same place, I.E.
sync to a "master" backend and push the changes to the two frontends?

I guess to make good suggestions, comments, etc (beyond the incredibly
generic things) we are going to need to know more about why you have
this setup and what your trying to do / accomplish with it.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Administrator