[CentOS-mirror] 5.4 updates question

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 08:56:40 UTC 2009

Am 24.10.09 10:16, schrieb Mogens Kjaer:
> For the Fedora mirror site, I can log in to Fedora's
> mirror administration site and define a set of ranges
> of IP addresses.
>
> When the mirrorlist server receives a request from
> one of these IP addresses it would return my local
> mirror as the first choice, unless my mirror has
> become too old.

Yes. We also know that our mirror system is a thing of, well, artisan
beauty. We will be looking at other ways to manage our mirror system
(make that: we will have to).

If people here want to help with that - I'm all for it. At the moment I
have the Fedora system and SuSe's mirrorbrain on my reading/testing list.

I think this will need a new thread at some time.

Cheers,

Ralph