[CentOS-mirror] CentOS-mirror Digest, Vol 56, Issue 26

Nick Olsen

Nick at 141networks.com
Fri Oct 30 13:24:20 UTC 2009

On 10/30/2009 5:00 AM, Amarnath J wrote:
> Daer Nick,
>
> Command :  rsync -av msync.centos.org::CentOS
>
>   Error : rsync: failed to connect to msync.centos.org: Connection timed
> out (110)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(124)
> [receiver=3.0.6]
>

> Regards,
> Amarnath J

Try using this command. Its what I use for my mirror
rsync -vaHh --stats --numeric-ids --delete --delete-after
--delay-updates (MIRRORHERE) (DESTINATION HERE)

Or I could be wrong and there is a ACL on msync now.
Try syncing from something other then msync, Because the error you got
is just a genaric connection timed out. I.E. it couldn't connect.