[CentOS-mirror] Application to become a CentOS mirror

Thu Sep 10 10:30:57 UTC 2009
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 00:43 -0500, Zach Eadie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to offer our mirror, details as follows:
>
> http://mirrors.igsobe.com/centos/
>
> 100Mbit/s
>
> Running lighttpd with acceleration config.
>
> This is the entire rsync mirror, so let us know if you decide to use
> it.  Our logo for reference is http://www.igsobe.com/images/osb.png

Okay. We'd need point of contact, name of sponsoring organisation too.
httpd only?

> I get an error when rsyncing now:
>
> [root at mirrors centos]# rsync -v -azH --delete
> us-msync.centos.org::CentOS /var/www/html/centos/
> rsync: failed to connect to us-msync.centos.org: Connection refused (111)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(107)
> [receiver=2.6.8]

Which IP address do you get for us-msync.centos.org at that time?
Otherwise it is close to impossible for me to look which machine has
problems at the moment.

Cheers,

Ralph