[CentOS-mirror] POLL: DVDs and access lists ...

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:23:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all you mirror people out there,
>
> today I'd like to present a small poll to you, a questionnaire if you like.
>
> a) Which mirror does *NOT* want to carry the DVD isos?

Only one mirror does not want to but would - not bad, that was what I
wanted to hear ...

> b) Who of you pull with machines where the IP address is different from
>   the host from where you offer the mirror? Which IP address pulls for
>   which mirror if your addresses differ?

Those weren't that many either.

In your opinion, would you rather go with password based acls or with
ip based acls?

If there's not that many mirrors which don't pull from the IP they are
serving from, the ip based acls can be calculated "on the fly" with
one more field in the database for machines which have a different
puller.

Password based ACLs on the other hand could break older,
non-maintained, but working setups - but they are easier to implement
and less error prone.

Opinions?

Ralph