[CentOS-mirror] POLL: DVDs and access lists ...

Jonathan Thurman JThurman at nwresd.k12.or.us
Thu Apr 8 16:20:45 UTC 2010

> In your opinion, would you rather go with password based acls or with
> ip based acls?
>
> Opinions?

As a mirror that pulls from a different IP than content is served from, I would prefer password based ACLs.  I believe this would allow more flexibility, and less ongoing management for the CentOS team.  While abuse is possible, I would hope we are all professional enough not to leak our authentication information.  Initial abuse could result in a warning and password change, with continued abuse removing the offending mirror sites privileges.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Thurman
Senior Communications Engineer
Northwest Regional ESD