[CentOS-mirror] Criteria for addition to http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386&repo=os ?

^PNNL Public Software Mirror mirror at pnl.gov
Mon Apr 26 22:54:30 UTC 2010

Do you need more mirrors that also serve updates?

A review of our access logs indicated very few .rpm files being served.  A little more poking around showed that http://mirror.pnl.gov/centos shows up in http://mirror-status.centos.org/ and http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=30 but not (e.g.) http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=i386&repo=os .

Also, I confirmed that editing /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo to use (e.g.)

instead of

...works well to point yum at our new mirror for updates.

Please accept my apologies for wasting everyone's time if I've missed a FAQ, HOWTO or some other documentation on how the system works!

Thank you,

Bill Nickless