[CentOS-mirror] A CentOS mirror in Latvia

Leo Truksans leot at linux.edu.lv
Tue Aug 3 03:49:12 EDT 2010

Hello, everybody!

A CentOS mirror in Latvia has been up for some time. The URL is
http://centos.linux.edu.lv. It's located at the University of Latvia.
Hardware is a ProLiant server with a total of 4TB RAID groups, network
connections: 1Gb/s to Latvian ISPs, 100Mb/s international. It's
synchonizing 4 times a day from the eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS.
Please add this mirror to the list of mirrors for Latvia and to the yum
mirrorlist (if it's not the same).
For now I use the baseurl in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo to update
my CentOS-es from the local mirror. It would be great if the automatic
(and default) mirrorlist would provide Latvian systems with the local
mirror, too.
Thanks!
--
Leo Trukšāns
Latvijas Universitātes Datorikas fakultātes lektors