[CentOS-mirror] msync.centos.org no route to host?

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] centos-org at bauani.org
Sun Aug 22 17:12:38 EDT 2010

Hi

msync.centos.org is not a single host, it's a lot of host with different IP
and different location.

Currently, I can see the IP bellow:

69.167.139.9
209.40.98.35
64.131.83.114

and many more!, Change the DNS server of your Mirror, you will
get different IP address for msync.centos.org, You can use Google's Public
DNS 8.8.8.8 and try.

Best of Luck.

Regards
Ahamed Bauani
An Expert on Domain Name System
Freelancer, ICT Consultant.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Dmitry Sherman <dmitry at interhost.co.il>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I think our mirror is getting blocked, I receive connection error:
>
> telnet msync.centos.org 873
>
> Trying 41.215.241.82...
>
> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>
> rsync: failed to connect to msync.centos.org: No route to host (113)
>
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
> [receiver=3.0.3]
>

> I double checked and disabled firewall but yet get this error,
>
> Our mirror at centos.syn.co.il
>
> Connection comes from 81.218.234.34 either 81.218.219.1, please check.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Dmitry Sherman
>
> Interhost Networks
>
> Office: +972-747029881
>
> Mobile: +972-543181182
>
> Fax:     +972-577976157
>
> E-mail: dmitry at interhost.co.il
>
> web: http://www.interhost.co.il/

Regards
Noor Ahamed Bauani
Technology Advisor
Dhaka Wireless
http://www.dhaka-wireless.net/
HP: +880-1818-BAUANI (SMS Only, No Direct Call Please)