[CentOS-mirror] Please remove from mirror list: mirrors.bigtennetwork.com/CentOS

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Jan 22 07:56:06 UTC 2010

On 01/21/2010 11:15 PM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> I have the same "problem" on my mirror. But it is not CentOS related. I
> am getting multiple http connections (between 30 and 50) from one IP
> from China on many files I have on my mirror. From what I heard it is
> some kind of download accelerator.

All these "downloads" stopped when I set up
a redirect of the .iso downloads to use ftp
instead.

Real downloaders don't have a problem with this
as the browser or wget just continues downloading
via ftp.

Unfortunately, this is against CentOS rules, so
we are no longer on the mirror list for http
access (although it still works - for non .iso
files).

As I understand it is the reason for not accepting
this redirect of .iso files is that some users
can't do ftp downloads because of proxy settings.

If this restriction is lifted, please let me know.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk