[CentOS-mirror] Chinese IPs - Mirror Stats

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jan 22 10:10:39 UTC 2010

On 01/22/2010 08:43 AM, Prof. P. Sriram wrote:
> We had a similar issue at the centos (and other stuff) mirror at
> ftp.iitm.ac.in some months ago. We have solved it effectively using per ip
> connection limit and fail2ban.

The problem with this is that you have efectively made your mirror non
usable for office's and orgaisations that only have 1 ip address to the
world. There are quite a few of them.

This sort of a pricess would work better if it was to check and only
work against an ip of its the same filename being requested rather than
overall connections.

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh