[CentOS-mirror] Chinese IPs - Mirror Stats

Juergen Gotteswinter jg at internetx.de
Fri Jan 22 14:37:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

how about to give iptables with hashlimit a try, i already used it with
sucess to prevent from botnet ddos attacks against webservers. something
like

iptables -t filter -A INETIN -p tcp --syn -s 0/0 --dport 80 -m hashlimit
--hashlimit 25/s --hashlimit-burst 20 --hashlimit-mode srcip
--hashlimit-name HTTP -j ACCEPT

iptables -t filter -A INETIN -p tcp --syn -s 0/0 --dport 80 -m limit
--limit 1/s --limit-burst 5 -j LOG --log-level $LOG_LEVEL --log-prefix
"[HTTP_DROPPED_NEW] : "

iptables -t filter -A INETIN -p tcp --syn -s 0/0 --dport 80 -j DROP

iptables -t filter -A INETIN -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 80 -m state --state
NEW -j ACCEPT

should fix it... of course set the hashlimit to parameters which your
mirror can take.

Greetings

Juergen