[CentOS-mirror] Please remove from mirror list: mirrors.bigtennetwork.com/CentOS

Randy McAnally

rsm at fast-serv.com
Fri Jan 22 03:52:32 UTC 2010

We've seen the same chinese IPs downloading the DVD iso's 24/7 with like 10-20
concurrent connections, sometimes using upwards of 300Mbit/sec.  We dropped
supporting the DVD downloads and implemented systems to ban such malicious
activity.  There's no way this is a 'download accelerator'.   Someone or some
ISP is trying to generate traffic (for whatever reason, maybe to meet peering
quotas), and using our DVD mirrors as an easy method.

--
Randy
www.FastServ.com