[CentOS-mirror] Chinese IPs - Mirror Stats

Thu Jan 21 22:24:26 UTC 2010
Adrian Reber <adrian at lisas.de>

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 02:16:44PM -0800, Scott Adametz wrote:
> I do indeed have stats @ http://stats.btnchicago.com/usage_201001.html
>
> Most of the traffic came from Chinese addresses in the 114.249.219.0, 121.41.181.0, 221.0.0.0, 123.118.107.0 and 218.1.7.200.0 subnets.  According to GeoIP these originate from Beijing, Zhejiang, Hubei, Beijing and Fujian respectively.  Each downloaded approximately 23TB, 17TB, 10TB, 10TB, 10TB and exhibited similar repetitive patterns of the same file.

If you have not configured mod_logio to log the actual data transmitted,
those numbers are probably wrong. The numbers are the actual file size
and not the number of bytes transmitted with a range request. At least
thats how it was on my mirror.

I am logging both values and the one is 71TB while the number of actually
transmitted traffic is only around 3TB per day.

		Adrian