[CentOS-mirror] Disk Space for Mirror

Maulvi Bakar maulvi at maulvi.net
Tue Jul 13 06:39:31 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Leang Meng <mleang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new install mirror, can you advice how big of storage should have?I
> just want mirror from verstion 5.0 and other new verstion.
> how can i do that?
>
> Thanks
> Leang

Hi Leang

Yes, you can just mirror Centos 5 releases only.

For space requirements, currently it is as below -

40K     ./5
16K     ./5.0
32G     ./5.4
16K     ./5.1
16K     ./5.2
16K     ./5.3
23G     ./5.5
55G     total

5.4 is in transition. It should be moved to vault soon (a relative
quantity). Once that occurs, requirements should only be 23GB.

Please note however, this is only without DVD ISOs which is optional. If
you're to include them, an extra 10 - 12GBs are in order.

Sincere regards

Maulvi