[CentOS-mirror] Mirror not listed

Sun Jul 25 15:58:09 UTC 2010
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

Am 22.07.10 14:23, schrieb Nyamul Hassan:
> Hi,
>
> We just did a "yum list * " on one of our servers, and found out that
> the selected mirror was mirror.eshk.hk <http://mirror.eshk.hk>.
>
> The IP that we used was in the same subnet as our currently hosted
> mirror.ispros.com.bd <http://mirror.ispros.com.bd>

At the moment your mirror is at the top of the mirrorlist for centos-5.5
i386 os/

Your ip address is also looked up correctly, it comes back for BD
Bangladesh.

For most country tlds we also list neighbouring countries, so that in
countries with few mirrors some people are sent to other mirrors. If
there are more than 10 mirrors available, the mirrorlist gets truncated.
Those 10 mirrors are chosen randomly during each run, so they change
around every 6 hours.

Regards,

Ralph