[CentOS-mirror] POLL: DVDs and access lists ...

Emil archive at ftp.sunet.se
Fri Mar 26 13:46:19 UTC 2010

--On torsdag, mars 25, 2010 22.42.25 +0100 Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all you mirror people out there,
> today I'd like to present a small poll to you, a questionnaire if you
> like.
> a) Which mirror does *NOT* want to carry the DVD isos?
> b) Who of you pull with machines where the IP address is different
> from    the host from where you offer the mirror? Which IP address
> pulls for    which mirror if your addresses differ?
> Please only answer if you do *NOT* want to carry the DVD isos or when
> you have different IPs for pulling and offering.
> We're doing a bit ressource planning at the moment :)
> Thanks,
> Ralph

Hi Ralph!

b) applies to ftp.sunet.se (and its aliases).  We usually ask for
source sites to open the entire subnet,, as it is
exlusively used for the archive and hosts within our controll.
  But a user/pass modell would obviously work just fine too:-)