[CentOS-mirror] POLL: DVDs and access lists ...

Fri Mar 26 00:08:10 UTC 2010
J.H. <warthog9 at kernel.org>

On 03/25/2010 04:08 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Am 25.03.10 23:38, schrieb J.H.:
>> On 03/25/2010 02:42 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> Please only answer if you do *NOT* want to carry the DVD isos or when
>>> you have different IPs for pulling and offering.
>>>
>>> We're doing a bit ressource planning at the moment :)
>>
>> If this is a vote for using user / pass access to the rsync modules I'd
>> vote for that as being a good thing vs. doing the static IP based system
>> that most people use now.
>
> See? I didn't even think that far. On the other hand that needs mirror
> admins to change their config - I was trying to look if we could use our
> database to generate the access lists automatically.

Could always support both during a long term transition.  New mirrors /
mirrors that want it get user/pass, old mirrors can continue to use IP
based ACLs.  Just my thoughts though, and it's always a pain when a
mirror has to change IPs to have to update that, if they each had a
user/pass changing IPs doesn't matter.  Also easier to code since rsync
allows user/pass combinations to live in a separate file than the rsync
config.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley