[CentOS-mirror] centoso4 tries to delete 5.5

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri May 14 07:57:30 UTC 2010

On 05/14/2010 04:29 AM, Prof. P. Sriram wrote:
>  I volunteer to be a part of whichever team does this so this
> kind of stuff NEVER happens again. Where do I sign up?

I've always wanted to add a --recycle_folder option to
rsync:

Files deleted by rsync should instead of being deleted
moved to that folder. When the file appears again rsync
can just fetch it from the recycle folder. The recycle
folder should be cleaned after, say 7 days.

However, I was warned by someone who had taken a closer
look at the rsync source: It is difficult to read
(write only) :-)

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk