[CentOS-mirror] Update for ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

Carsten Otto ftp at halifax.rwth-aachen.de
Sat May 22 22:07:17 UTC 2010

Dear list,

I am one of the administrators of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, a mirror
at RWTH Aachen university in Germany. Recently we upgraded the hardware
(among other changes) and would like you to inform you about that.

We now also serve CentOS using rsync, so you may update the mirror list
accordingly:
rsync://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/centos/

The ftp and http addresses are still valid.

Furthermore, the connection speed increased to 2 GBit/sec and will be
increased to 10 GBit/sec soon.

Please tell us where a rsync source for the DVD images is. We'd like to
offer these, too.

You can find general information at http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

Best regards,
Carsten Otto           otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211