[CentOS-mirror] I2 specific msync targets

David Richardson

david.richardson at utah.edu
Wed May 26 18:48:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> We might be able to get a couple of machines online on Internet2 (
> hosted at osuosl ) setup as msync targets. But before we do anything the
> question is : are there many people who would prefer the I2 specific
> target to sync from ?

I would use an I2 master if it were available.

My institution (and I expect many others, too) has more I2 bandwidth than
commodity bandwidth, and (because of the pricing structure) nobody here
cares how much traffic we push over the I2 link.

We might as well put these connections to good use. :)

Has anyone ever considered adding a field to the mirror list to specify if
a mirror has I2 (or NLR/Canarie/Geant/etc) connectivity? Would an IPv6
flag be worth considering?

DR

--
David Richardson <david.richardson at utah.edu>