[CentOS-mirror] Fwd: New Mirror on Brazil

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] centos-org at bauani.org
Tue Nov 2 16:26:26 EDT 2010

Hello Alex Silvia

I am not a official master maintainer, only maintain a CentOS mirror
in Bangladesh, South Asia.

Anyway, I would like to add advice you some idea for a proper
solution, please keep scrolling for the info I wanted you to change.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Alex Silva <alex.silva at ueg.br> wrote:

> [...]

You are most welcome to host a CentOS Mirror. There is no limitation.

> My crontab
> 0 6,18,23,3 * * * rsync -aqzH --delete msync.centos.org::CentOS /var/www/html/centos/

This is my main concern. Normally sync 4 times a day is enough to keep
your your mirror up to date. Also as you are in Brazil, Timezone is
vital here.  so I will suggest you to update your cron entry like
bellow:

15 1,6,18,22 * * * rsync -aqzH --delete-after
us-msync.centos.org::CentOS /var/www/html/centos/

The main issue is to use idle time both you and from where you are
miring. Find out a good mirror near you and change
'us-msync.centos.org::CentOS . Same about time try to find out the
matching time when you both are have enough idle bandwidth time.

> Name: State University of Goias - UEG
> Mirror: http://mirror.ueg.br/centos/
> City: Anápolis-Goias, Brazil
> bandwidth 2Gb
>
> alex.silva at ueg.br and alexf16 at hotmail.com
>
> you guys make great job on centos.. we are very happy
>
> Thanks,

Yes, same to you and welcome to CentOS Family.

> Alex Silva
> Núcleo de  Inovação Tecnológica
> Universidade Estadual Goiás - UEG
> Anápolis,go (62) 3328-1420

Regards & Besh Wishes

Noor Ahamed Bauani
Chief Technology Advisor
Dhaka Wireless
http://www.dhaka-wireless.net/
An IPv6 Ready ISP in Bangladesh, Need an IPv6 Connectivity? Just Knock us!
HP: +880-1818-BAUANI (SMS Only, No Direct Call Please)