[CentOS-mirror] IRC meeting regarding new mirroring system for CentOS

Nyamul Hassan nyamul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 11:25:59 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 22:17, Jonathan Thurman
<JThurman at nwresd.k12.or.us>wrote:

> [...]
Yes, that would be nice I guess.  We mirror Fedora and Ubuntu also, and can
say, MirrorManager is an impressive platform for mirror maintainers.  You
can add multiple mirrors under your organization, and you can even set which
IP ranges get automatically routed to these mirrors.  You even can put your
AS Number into MirrorManager.  The public list is generated at regular
intervals, and if my mirror is not listed, a quick look at the last crawler
(runs every hour) log tells me why it s so.  Very helpful for
troubleshooting.  Even the "report_mirror" script that is run at the end of
every rsync is really convenient, as have been pointed out by someone else
earlier in this discussion.

The LaunchPad that is used by Ubuntu is really nothing in comparison.  We
see our mirrors as being labeled as "xxx behind", and the logs are not very
useful in finding out why they are so.

I, as a mirror maintainer, think MirrorManager is a platform that we can
replicate for CentOS.

Regards
HASSAN