[CentOS-mirror] I create a mirror for CentOS 5.5

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] centos-org at bauani.org
Sat Nov 20 04:31:31 EST 2010

Hi

Looks nice. But it seems you are using 'Wget' or something to update the
special files / folder.

Normally when 'wget' download any file and file with same name exist on
target directory, it will add incremental value after the file it just
downloaded.

Just add any command to remove old file before downloading new file, not
renaming. At your mirror:

http://centos.ufms.br/TIME.1
http://centos.ufms.br/TIME.2
http://centos.ufms.br/TIME.3

and

http://centos.ufms.br/timestamp.txt.1
http://centos.ufms.br/timestamp.txt.2
http://centos.ufms.br/timestamp.txt.3

and

http://centos.ufms.br/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5.1
http://centos.ufms.br/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5.2
http://centos.ufms.br/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5.3

Is totally unnecessary file and carry no value at all!

On your Sync Scrip, add a command to remove the file and download the new
fresh file, the script check mirror status from CentOS will find your mirror
'Fresh'.

If you share us the script / command for sync the mirror, it will help us to
give you final solution to be a good mirror.

I hope you understand my word.

Kindly

Ahamed Bauani
http://blog.bauani.org/

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Brivaldo Junior <condector at gmail.com>wrote:

> Updating:
>

> Initial Sync - OK (5.5)
> Host: http:// <http://mirror.pop-ms.rnp.br/centos/>centos.ufms.br/
>
> City: Campo Grande
> State: Mato Grosso do Sul
> Country: Brazil
> Bandwith: 155Mb (full and upgrading to 3Gb)
> Name of Organization: Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul (Brazilian
> Portuguese: Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul)
> Contact: brivaldo.junior at ufms.br (my personal contact: condector at gmail.com
> )
> Update Frequency: 4x Daily
> Add support for special files
> Increment link to 5.
>

> Now It's okay right?
>

> Regards,
> Brivaldo Jr
>

> 2010/11/18 Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>
>
> Am 17.11.10 01:38, schrieb Brivaldo Junior:
>> > Okay, Let´s go!
>> >
>> > Initial Sync - OK (5.5)
>> > Host: http://mirror.pop-ms.rnp.br/centos/
>> > City: Campo Grande
>> > State: Mato Grosso do Sul
>> > Country: Brazil
>> > Bandwith: 155Mb (full and upgrading to 3Gb)
>> > Name of Organization: Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul
>> > (Brazilian Portuguese: Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso do Sul)
>> > Contact: brivaldo.junior at ufms.br <mailto:brivaldo.junior at ufms.br> (my
>> > personal contact: condector at gmail.com <mailto:condector at gmail.com>)
>> > Update Frequency: Daily
>> >
>> > Need another info?
>>
>> As said: You are missing a few files. Then: Having 5.5/ is not enough,
>> there needs to be at least a 5/ which can just link to 5.5 - but without
>> that the mirror won't work.
>>
>> And: Please try to update more frequently, because otherwise your mirror
>> might be flagged as outdated, depending on when our checking script
>> comes around. Running rsync twice or three times daily doesn't really
>> generate that much more traffic.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ralph
>>

>> > Thanks!
>> > Brivaldo Jr
>> >

>> > Please alert the CentOS-mirror mailing list if anything about the server
>> > changes like location, available bandwidth, frequency of updates, etc.
>> >
>> > 2010/11/16 Nyamul Hassan <nyamul at gmail.com <mailto:nyamul at gmail.com>>
>> >
>> >     On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 02:06, Brivaldo Junior <condector at gmail.com
>> >     <mailto:condector at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> >
>> >         How can I insert into mirror list?
>> >
>> >         Other thing... Only latest CentOS are mirrored.
>> >

>> >         Regards,
>> >         --
>> >         Brivaldo A. S. Junior
>> >

>> >     Did you read:
>> >     http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22
>> >
>> >     <http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22>That
>> >     tells you what info you need to provide to the CentOS Master Mirror
>> >     Admins on this list to get listed.
>> >
>> >     Regards
>> >     HASSAN

> [...]

Regards & Besh Wishes

Noor Ahamed Bauani
Chief Technology Advisor
Dhaka Wireless
http://www.dhaka-wireless.net/
An IPv6 Ready ISP in Bangladesh, Need an IPv6 Connectivity? Just Knock us!
HP: +880-1818-BAUANI (SMS Only, No Direct Call Please)