[CentOS-mirror] New CentOS Mirror

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Sun Nov 21 11:43:04 EST 2010

On 11/21/10 2:45 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Am 21.11.10 10:07, schrieb Vahan Yerkanian:
>> Please tell me if you need any additional information.
> With mirrors in that region I always have the problem categorizing them
> geographically (network wise):
> Is that Asia (well, yes, that's the continent is on), Russia or Europe?
> In other words: These are the three categories I have, into which of
> those regions does Armenia have the strongest network links?

That's the most popular question we get asked here. Well, Armenia was
always at crossroads.
We're bordering with Asia and Europe, and since ex-USSR breakup in 1991
we're not a part of
Russia at all ;) Anyway, our network uplinks are to Georgia (with
transit to Turkey and Russia) and Iran.

We prefer to think of us being a part of Eastern Europe.