[CentOS-mirror] Centos mirror available in India mirrors.gitam.edu

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET]

centos-org at bauani.org
Wed Nov 3 17:29:42 UTC 2010

Hi Prasad

Thanks for your email.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Datasoft-India <datasoftindia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ahamed,
> Hope this helps increase speeds in India.

Yes, your mirror will be a very good for India in Speed.

> How long does it take before you start getting traffic?

To be honest, as soon as the mirror show up in list and CentOS mirror
system add it to there fastmirror plugin, you will see traffic.

>what kind of
> traffic do you get Yum vs ISO Downloads ?

Most of request is Yum, but also ISO request is there. You will find
99% of request from Yum and rest is ISO, but keep in mind Yum request
is small file request, maximum 30MB (kernel type rpm or Glibc) but ISO
is at-least 600MB. Even somebody use multiple threads (Using Some Kind
of Download Manager).

> how can I measure Yum download traffic?

There is a lot of log analysis tools. CentOS has built in one for both
squid & apache, it something called.. I can't remember at this moment.
Please Google it with "http log analyzer site:.centos.org" (Without
quote) you will find it. These analyzer comes with filter options. So
when you input your access log file, you can include or exclude
something.iso or *.iso will give you result without .iso file.

No problem, I will help you for any kind of issue arise. And don't
afraid, it you are not going to die for running a mirror. Day by day
you will know when you have to limit bandwidth, when to open, when to
ban IP etc. Here it is 23:27, my mother is calling for dinner. Already
got 4 warning;) Talk to you later. Add me on your Google Talk with
name 'bauani AT gmail DoT com

Take Care.

-Bauani