[CentOS-mirror] ISO DVDs

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET]

centos-org at bauani.org
Tue Nov 16 17:44:46 UTC 2010

Dear Mr. Prasad

I am really surprised to see you are asking same query twice within 2
or 3 weeks!

Thanks goes to Mr. Hassan. The rsync option bellow:

--filter='protect *DVD*iso' --filter='protect *torrent'

Will protect deleting DVD's from your mirror. As I can remember, Mr.
Hassan give this solutions just before 2 or 3 weeks ago, on a thread
which was between 3 person, first You, Second Mr. Hassan, And 3rd is
Me.

Please study before posting any query. CentOS Mirror Mailing list
mirror Archive has a lot of information. Other then that Google is
there to help you. Here in this list a lot of persons who are really
busy and their time is too expensive. Please show your responsibility.
Nobody here is / will spoon feed you.

As a Mirror Maintainer you should have basic level of technical
knowledge and common sense. Hope everyone, including me will use
common sense before sending any email on list.

With Best Regards
&
Eid Mubarak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_Mubarak)  to ALL

Ahamed Bauani
Freelance IT Consultant
http://www.bauani.org/

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Nyamul Hassan <nyamul at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >  We do a two step sync as follows:
>> > ::STEP 1
>> > rsync -vaH --numeric-ids --filter='protect *DVD*iso' --filter='protect
>> > *torrent' --delete --delete-after --delay-updates --progress
>> > msync.centos.org::CentOS /mnt/tera2/centos
>> > ::STEP 2
>> > rsync -vaH --numeric-ids --filter='include */' --filter='include
>> > *DVD*iso'
>> > --filter='include *torrent' --filter='exclude *' --progress
>> > mirrors3.kernel.org::centos /mnt/tera2/centos
>> > I think I mentioned this earlier on another thread no longer than 2
>> > weeks
>> > ago.
>> > Regards
>> > HASSAN>
>> >

>> Thanks, I remembered that - but I downloaded DVDs from other site
>> through http and kept in the folder. but they got deleted in the next
>> rsync run. Before investigating further, I felt there should be an
>> easy way. --- sorry im too lazy :)
>>
>> rgds/Durga Prasad
>>

> To stop rsync from delete them, you need those filter rules as in my
> example.
> Regards
> HASSAN

Regards & Besh Wishes

Noor Ahamed Bauani
Chief Technology Advisor
Dhaka Wireless
http://www.dhaka-wireless.net/
An IPv6 Ready ISP in Bangladesh, Need an IPv6 Connectivity? Just Knock us!
HP: +880-1818-BAUANI (SMS Only, No Direct Call Please)