[CentOS-mirror] Comparative disk usage patterns

Carsten Otto

otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Oct 17 15:04:37 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 04:59:50PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/info/mirrors.php4
> http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/info/transmitted.php4#totalbreakdown

I'd like to throw in what ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de can offer:
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~hendrik/
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~cotto/rrd/ (week)
http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/~cotto/rrd/index2.html (day)

At the moment we are evaluating if it is worthwile to mirror
opensuse-buildservice and Scientific Linux. There are some other
projects with little traffic, but these do not occupy as much disk
space.

Btw, we already threw out NetBSD (about no traffic) and Slackware (no
answer even after several mails and months).

Best regards,
Carsten Otto           otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik 2      http://verify.rwth-aachen.de/otto/
RWTH Aachen            phone: +49 241 80-21211