[CentOS-mirror] Edit : Mirror in Vietnam

Doug Kuntz

dkuntz at netriplex.com
Sat Oct 30 03:09:59 UTC 2010

I believe this is due to the isoredirect not showing every single mirror
all the time.  It will change periodically, and it's not always the
closest mirror to you.  Same goes for using yum.  I can go to
http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/x86_64/ from home, which is 5
hops from my closest mirror (Me->ISP-another hop in ISP->Router at
work->Mirror Machine), and not see my mirror.  I can also run yum update
from a machine on the same IP block (different VLAN though) connected to
the same switch as the mirror system, and not have it show up.

Of course, I could be wrong.  But I only sometimes see mine show up in
both the 5 and the 4 isoredirect list.

And according to the mirror list:
Country | State | Organization Name | Versions |Architectures | DVD

Asia | Vietnam | DIGIPOWER Co.,ltd | 5 | All | Yes | HTTP FTP RSYNC

So you do show as offering DVDs for 5.

And I'm sure the mirror folks will update the list to show you offer 4 as
well.

--
Douglas A. Kuntz | Manager
Complex Applications and Systems