[CentOS-mirror] Fwd: CENTOS Public MIRROR HELP

Sun Oct 3 17:25:34 UTC 2010
Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] <centos-org at bauani.org>

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Colocation Enterprise
<contactus at colocationenterprise.com> wrote:
> Rsync -azqH --delete us-msync.centos.org::CentOS

The rsync command is ok (if you use rsync, not Rsync) , the impotent
issue is the destination directory.

There should be something like:
rsync -azqH --delete us-msync.centos.org::CentOS /path/to/your/local/centosdir/

> The above command is what is listed on the centos wiki and I'm running I through a cron script to run at  noon and midnight I'm using Centos5.5 as the os for the mirror

Running 2 time or 4 times is not the issue we are talking about. From
my location, I can see both HTTP and FTP is serving content but in FTP
'last modified' is wrong.

Other then that I didn't fine any problem on your mirror. Both HTTP &
FTP is serving content. Your mirror is showing fine from my location.
So rsync is not a problem.

You have to look on your FTP server configuration to show the folder
and other file with correct icon.

from my location URL  ftp://centos.linuxboxsolution.com/3.1 is showing:

Index of /3.1
Name	Size	Date Modified
[parent directory]
HEADER.images/		8/25/06 12:00:00 AM
Readme.txt	2582 B	8/24/06 12:00:00 AM
addons/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM
centosplus/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM
contrib/		10/15/05 12:00:00 AM
csgfs/		8/24/06 12:00:00 AM
docs/		8/25/06 12:00:00 AM
extras/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM
fasttrack/		7/3/07 12:00:00 AM
isos/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM
os/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM
scripts/		8/25/06 12:00:00 AM
testing/		11/7/05 12:00:00 AM
updates/		10/22/07 12:00:00 AM

Are you serving both FTP and HTTP from same directory? seems not.

Run the following command:

rsync -azvH --delete us-msync.centos.org::CentOS /path/to/your/local/centosdir/

It will give you output, try to share the output of above command with
us, so that we can understand why the FTP is showing wrong last
modified time. If possible we would also like to look at your FTP
server's configuration file if possible.

--
Regards
Noor Ahamed Bauani