[CentOS-mirror] IRC meeting regarding new mirroring system for CentOS

Thu Oct 21 19:49:38 UTC 2010
Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] <centos-org at bauani.org>

Hello Fellow Members

I would like to draw attention on putting the transcript on mirror for
a time being. IF WE USE BANDWIDTH TO SYNC WITH MASTER MIRROR EVERYDAY
4 TO 6 TIMES, I CAN'T SEE ANY PROBLEM ON PUTTING THE TRANSCRIPT ON
MIRROR SO THAT IT CAN AUTOMATICALLY DELIVER TO MAINTAINER AND WHO WILL
NOT ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING, CAN WALK THROUGH IT LATER ON
CONVENIENT TIME.

I think it will not be a BIG file (specially with gzip or bzip2
format) which will impact the bandwidth you have.

This is my personal view.

Cheers.

Ahamed Bauani
http://mirrors.bd-servers.net/centos/