[CentOS-mirror] Terrible .edu mirror performance

Randy McAnally rsm at fast-serv.com
Fri Sep 24 21:58:59 EDT 2010

Anyone else seeing dismal speeds from multiple .edu mirrors?  Over the past
few days?  Several .edu mirrors over the past week have been running at
3kB/sec - 50kB/sec forcing me to have to clean my yum cache just to get
through the update process.  Latest .edu offender at 3kB/sec is
mirror.vcu.edu.  Even yum thinks it's a fast mirror for some reason.

I know it's great that schools are pitching in, but c-mon we need some kind of
performance monitor for the Tier1 mirrors...not just up or down tests.

--
Randy M.
www.FastServ.com