[CentOS-mirror] Terrible .edu mirror performance

Randy McAnally rsm at fast-serv.com
Mon Sep 27 16:55:19 EDT 2010

Jim,

Yours is .EDU mirror number 3 with performance issues: 11-20kB/sec on verizon
fios as I type this.

After discussion with another .EDU maintainer, the dismal speeds were do to
hard core bandwidth capping on their web server (mod_bandwidth).

My suggestion is that anyone running a bandwidth limiter of any sort, or with
limited connectivity (<1Gbps upstream these days is limited) should be placed
on Tier2 status.

--
Randy M.
www.FastServ.com