[CentOS-mirror] Ideas on steering yum to local mirrors

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:17:54 EDT 2010

Am 27.09.10 01:48, schrieb Randy McAnally:
> That was going to be my next question.  How far out is the possibility of
> choosing mirror(s) (at least part of the random 10) from the same ASN as the
> clients?  I'd be willing to help/contribute to impliment this on the mirror
> server side... last thing I want to do is proxy/hijack the mirror server traffic.

As Adrian said: MirrorManager and MirrorBrain both can do that, I wanted
to look at MirrorBrain, Adrian has experience with MirrorManager.

Should we have an IRC meeting in the week of 11th to 17th of October (or
a week after that)? I clearly cannot make it on the 11th, though.

Is there anyone else who wants to join?

Which time frame would be the best for that?

Regards,

Ralph