[CentOS-mirror] Ideas on steering yum to local mirrors

Bangladeshi CentOS Mirror Maintainer [BD-SERVERS.NET] centos-org at bauani.org
Wed Sep 29 07:40:02 EDT 2010

Hello All

If the CentOS Master Mirror want to announce and meeting, the date
can't be fixed by getting input from member of list.

We, the maintainer of CentOS mirror around is a part of CentOS family
and we are human being. Everyone has their own work schedule. Like in
6th October, Internet Society [ISOC] has conference in Bangladesh for
first time and I wish to join the event. 12th October is my birthday
etc etc.

So it would be better fix a date and announce it via list. If most
people don't agree to join on said date, the date of event can change
1 to 3 days plus and minus.

>From my point of view, it seems if the GeoIP database of CentOS is up
to date, currently problem might solve in most case. Among other
distribution, CentOS mirror maintaining system is the most easy system
in current scenario.

If we want to move from current system, then ASN based system to
determine closest mirror might work.Though It also have pro & cons. So
my suggestion is to work with current system  and find out where is
the problem so that the problem can be fixed.

Best Wishes
Ahamed Bauani