[CentOS-mirror] Missing (?) mirror?

Jaroslaw Zachwieja grok at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 06:17:04 EDT 2011

 Dear CentOS-mirror Admins,

 The mirror service at the Centre for Scientific Computing at Warwick
 has mirrored CentOS for donkey's years but I don't believe we are an
 official mirror.

 We are already a TIER-1 mirror for UK with openSUSE and would like to
 do the same for CentOS.

 I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe that anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk
 used to be an official CentOS mirror in the past but I don't recall why
 it's not any more.

 We're serving via:
 http://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/mirrors/CentOS/
 ftp://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/CentOS/
 rsync://anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk/CentOS/

 The machine is connected via a 1Gbps link to ja.net (AS786) and uses
 fast, fibre-channel disk. Rsync from msync.centos.org::CentOS/ runs
 every 4h.

 At present, we're mirroring 4 and 5 trees, will 6 as well when ready.

 Perhaps something can be done about it. Apologies if this is not the
 right place for this question.

 Best regards,
--
 Jaroslaw Zachwieja
 Centre for Scientific Computing, University of Warwick, UK