[CentOS-mirror] Having trouble setting up the mirror

Matt Ruzicka mruzicka at cisp.com
Wed Feb 2 08:50:10 EST 2011

On Wednesday, February 02, 2011 1:00 AM Jeffrey Palladino said:
> I have been working on this for a few days now and connot seem to get it to rsync with the mirrors.
> I tried a few things and I am not sure if I did something wrong or missed a step but it just wont connect right.
> I tried a script that Nick Olsen gave me but it still wont work. Is there maybe someone who can help me set it up right.

Can you give some info on the error?  I initially had some rsync issues related to SELINUX and just needed to modify my context for the directory I was storing things in.  If you are running SELINUX I'd suggest switching it to permissive as a test. I'm not familiar with the script you're using, but is it kicking out an error?  Have you tried to manually run rsync from the command line like the example on the new mirror site?

Matt Ruzicka | Senior Systems Engineer
CISP - www.cisp.com