[CentOS-mirror] Having trouble setting up the mirror

Matt Ruzicka mruzicka at cisp.com
Wed Feb 2 12:48:27 EST 2011

On Wednesday, February 02, 2011 12:23 PM Jeffrey Palladino said:
> Not sure what to put in the command line exactly to test rsync.
> I never did this before so I am lost on the whole thing.

It sounds like Mr. Somerset's message might be more helpful to your specific situation, but if you haven't already checked it out I'd go to the " CentOS Mirroring HowTo" page.

    http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=22

It's a little sparse, but will give you a command string.  When I built my mirror I used the following links as resources.

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
http://www.howtoforge.com/creating_a_local_yum_repository_centos
http://idolinux.blogspot.com/2008/09/centos-update-server-and-local.html
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml

And of course:

Harding CentOS: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection

I don't run any of mine as root and instead have a few different system users running the various parts.

Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

Matt Ruzicka | Senior Systems Engineer
CISP - www.cisp.com