[CentOS-mirror] out of date master mirrors

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 05:59:45 EDT 2011

Am 09.07.11 11:35, schrieb Sander Hoentjen - Oxilion:
> Hi,
>
> "eu-msync.centos.org has address 217.115.169.1
> 2011-07-09 11:29:46
> msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosh2)"
>
> Above server just deleted 6.0 of our mirror, and some other updates as well. Would it make sense to disable rsync from machines that are not yet up2date during a major version update? That way traffic could be greatly reduced. For now i removed --delete from the script, but in my opinion temporary disabling rsync from out-of-date machines would be better, since it can be better controlled.

This one (I accidentally set it to sync from itself) and the y3 issues
seem to be the only issues encountered so far. The other mirrors have
their set of data.

h2 now is complete, y3 is still copying. Both problems only have arisen
when syncing the dvd tree, so normal msync.centos.org syncs didn't show
this behaviour.

Ralph