[CentOS-mirror] Broken msync mirror

Bryan Seitz seitz at bsd-unix.net
Thu Jul 28 11:18:54 EDT 2011

Mirror Admins,

CentOSG5 removed my entire CentOS archive due to what looks like a faulty disk or other issue.

--

~ rsync centosg5.centos.org::CentOS/6.0/

msync.CentOS.org rsync service (centosg5)
---------------------------------------

This service is intended for the sole use of the CentOS worldwide mirror network
to synchronize mirrors.

Unless you are running or intending to run a listed public CentOS mirror
use a mirror listed at http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13

If you intend to populate a mirror for public use please read the
notes at :- http://www.CentOS.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=15

If you do use this service then it is implied that you are providing a
mirror for public use and giving us authority to publicise such mirror.

rsync: readdir("/6.0/." (in CentOS)): Input/output error (5)
drwxrwxr-x        4096 2011/07/10 09:39:10 .
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1518) [generator=3.0.8]
--

Should I not be using --delete in my sync for cases like this ?

--

Bryan G. Seitz