[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror: mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu

Wed Jul 20 01:24:05 UTC 2011
Warren Togami Jr. <wtogami at gmail.com>

http://mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu/linux/centos/

I have excluded obsolete releases, but I am willing to bring back the
entire 5.x series if you insist upon it.

Syncing 4 times a day.  We have lots of bandwidth, but we would prefer
to ramp it up slowly.  We are open to the public, but we would prefer to
serve mainly Hawaii and the U.S. West region if that would be possible
sometime in the future.

mirror.ancl.hawaii.edu is hosted by the Advanced Network Computing Lab
at the University of Hawaii, with hardware donated by Netgear and other
companies.  I am the contact person to administrate the mirror
configuration.

Question
========
Have you folks implemented a GeoIP based MirrorManager similar to Fedora
Infrastructure?  We would like it very much, as we can supply all ASN's
and IP subnets of Hawaii networks so all those machines can
automatically use the nearest mirror.

Warren Togami
wtogami at gmail.com