[CentOS-mirror] CentOS-6 CDs decision needs some stats

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Fri Jun 10 06:23:55 EDT 2011

Karanbir Singh wrote:
: For CentOS-6 we are thinking of dropping the CD isos from the main
: distro. So there will only be an os/ and isos/ will have the DVD and
: netinstall CD only.
:
: However, in order to make that decision we would love to get some stats
: from mirror operators about download frequency of CD isos and DVD isos.
: Would it be possible to get something like that ? Just numbers posted to
: this list are fine. If we can get them split for CentOS-4 and CentOS-5,
: even better.

	Hello,

we (ftp.fi.muni.cz/ftp.linux.cz) do not carry DVD isos, as they
are apparently not carried by our upstream - eu-msync.centos.org::CentOS.
What is the official way of mirroring CentOS including DVDs?

	That said, I would definitely prefer to have just DVD iso[s]
and not (also) CD iso images.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |