[CentOS-mirror] Mirror question ref:: yum Update

niji ogunbameru niji.ogunbameru at phgroup.com
Thu Mar 17 07:21:41 EDT 2011

Hello folks
Do any know why this problem is coming up
/etc/yum.repos.d# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=addons error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (111, 'Connection refused')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: addons

Any idea to the solution:
I have a server CentOS 5.5 and this is the content of my

# CentOS-Base.repo
# The mirror system uses the connecting IP address of the client and the
# update status of each mirror to pick mirrors that are updated to and
# geographically close to the client.  You should use this for CentOS
# unless you are manually picking other mirrors.
# If the mirrorlist= does not work for you, as a fall back you can try the
# remarked out baseurl= line instead.

name=CentOS-$releasever - Base

#released updates
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates

#packages used/produced in the build but not released
name=CentOS-$releasever - Addons

#additional packages that may be useful
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus

#contrib - packages by Centos Users
name=CentOS-$releasever - Contrib

Niji Ogunbameru
IT Systems
Experian pH *
Royalty Studios | 105-109 Lancaster | Road London | W11 1QF
T: 44 (0) 207 9859782 | M: 44 (0) 795 9716201
http://www.experian.co.uk| http://www.phgroup.com