[CentOS-mirror] DVD access now going live

Ralph Angenendt ralph at centos.org
Mon May 23 16:19:53 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just "injected" the new acls into our config management system. This
means that the acls should be on our mirrors in the next few hours.

So how to get the DVDs now? For rsync, use msync-dvd.centos.org as the
server to pull from, the target is CentOS-incdvd - as in

/usr/bin/rsync -aqzH --delete --delay-updates msync-dvd.centos.org::CentOS-incdvd

for example. You'll get a mirror reasonably close to you to pull from
with that.

If you're not directly able to access the dvd, wait at least until
tomorrow evening before making some noise - the config change should go
out rather fast, but with some machines being rather remote, puppet
sometimes takes two or three tries to pull through.

After that (or if you cannot get the dvd at all, although you sent me
your IP address), please do make some noise, as I might have mistyped
something or plainly forgot you (this shouldn't have happened).

I'll update our mirror database over the weekend, so your mirror won't
show as carrying dvds before that on our mirrorlist.

Cheers,

Ralph