[CentOS-mirror] IPv6 Bittorrent tracker for CentOS torrents

Matt Domsch

Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Oct 22 22:12:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 10:36:06AM -0500, Anssi Johansson wrote:
> Anssi Johansson kirjoitti:
> > Hi, this message is related to the enhancement request I filed at
> > http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4652 where I proposed to have an
> > IPv6-enabled CentOS torrent tracker.
>
> I'm delighted to notice that nobody seems to have any objections
> regarding this idea. So, when can we expect to see the new IPv6-enabled
> torrent tracker?

You mention in the previous note that you're using opentracker.  What
has your experience been with opentracker and IPv6?  It's been about a
year since I looked into this for Fedora's use, but opentracker was
too buggy (trivial to crash with a query URL) to be usable.  Has it
improved enough to be considered stable?  Have they fixed it so you
can have a single binary rather than two (one for IPv4 and one for
IPv6) ?

Thanks,
Matt

--