[CentOS-mirror] New Mirror

Adam Cantwell

acantwell at westernvirtual.com
Thu Dec 20 22:22:30 UTC 2012

On 12/20/12 3:04 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> On 18.12.2012 00:12, Adam Cantwell wrote:
>> I've got a new mirror setup and ready to go with initial syncs completed
>> and syncing 4 times daily:
>>
>> http://mirror.westernvirtual.com/centos/
>> ftp://mirror.westernvirtual.com/centos/
>>
>> Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
>> Bandwidth cap:  30Mbps for now
>
> That's not much, especially in a country (well, a rather large one, the
> US) where we have tons of mirrors with 1Gbps and even more with 100 Mbps.
>
> The only thing I could do is add it under "Tier 2 (Slower than OC3 but
> faster than T1)" and not include it in our mirrorlist rotation, as I
> don't want to send unsuspecting users at a mirror with that speed.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ralph

Well, when you say bandwidth cap are you asking how much total circuit
capacity I have or how much I'm willing to allocate to the mirror?
Total capacity is >2Gbps, but 30Mbps is what I was wanting to cap the
mirror at.  I operated a tier 1 mirror two years ago at a previous
employer and the transit never exceeded 10Mbps.  That being the case I
figured a cap of 30Mbps was reasonable.  If that's not the case, then I
withdraw my request.

Thanks,

Adam