[CentOS-mirror] Setting up a mirror on my VM

Tue Jan 17 05:04:26 EST 2012

On 01/17/2012 09:12 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Also, keep in mind that the bytemark mirror is one of the fastest on the
> centos network in the UK - I suspect its easily more than a few hundred
> megs/sec; So setting up another one inside their network would be of
> academic interest ( if you were doing it for a public mirror, which I
> suspect you were thinking of since you are on this list.. )
>
> Perhaps Alex can confirm ? ( http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk )

Yes I did think about this initially and I should really look for
somewhere *outside* the Bytemark network for a good public mirror,
possible in a country/area where there is poor coverage at the moment.
The trouble is getting that kind of disk space and bandwidth from other
providers might be difficult and very expensive.